Saturday 13 April 2013

Exploring LUSH products - battle with the scents :)

I really wanted to try some of the LUSH products as I have heard loads of positive comments and reviews. Plus I visited their website and some of the products are not expensive at all. 
BUT there has always been a massive obstacle that prevented me from going to that shop - SMELL! OMG I just cannot stay in the shop for 2 minutes and the strong scents of their products just give a headache. What is interesting that it is not even that bad, but probably it is just too much of it.

Anyways, too much of an intro. I have put myself together and I decided that it is the time I want to finally try something out of LUSH; plus I have run out of my facial cleanser which i usually use in the shower after I have removed all the make up.
In Leicester LUSH is actually one of those street shops and I was lucky for the good weather so they had their door opened and some wind could come through to ease my fight with those smells. Shop assistants are really nice I have to tell and they look really cool to something like pin-up girls. You can get one of those free skin consultations there. You are just asked some basic questions about your skin type and they find something suitable for you. It is also nice that they test the product on your skin, so you feel it and smell it (ha :D) and then decide.

So I went for this 'Angels on bare skin' fresh facial cleanser and a shampoo. 


Angels on bare skin Facial cleanser 100g £6.25 I love Juicy Shampoo 100g £4.95

Well, so let's start with shampoo. It does has a strong smell, it smells with an alcoholic drink like some kind of a cocktail.. as it has pineapple and other fruits. You actually need just a little bit of it to wash all hair. I have quite long hair and still I didn't use much of the product. It does leave the feeling of very clean hair and what I liked that it is not heavy on the hair as some of shampoos are. I cannot say that it is better than my L'Oreal one, but I like it.


Angels on bare skin facial wash texture

Moving on to facial wash I like it much more. It is very weird type of product (I've never used anything like that before). You have to take a little piece of this paste add a little bit of warm water and rub it between your hand and then apply on your face massaging this (already melted scrub) into your face. It feels really nice like a scrub and it leave skin clean and soft. I was expecting a little bit more of moisturizing effect, but in general I quite like. Not sure if I bought that again, but I will definitely use it up.

What are your favourite LUSH products? What would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment